Access to free school meals is an important part of the school meal service in Scotland. Local authorities must promote the uptake of free school meals amongst those currently eligible. It is important that pupils entitled to free school meals receive them without fear of stigmatisation. The free school meal entitlement is therefore credited to pupils’ electronic lunch cards automatically each day and they are not identified in any way.
You can claim free school lunches for your children if you are receiving:
* Income Support (IS)
* Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance (JSA)
* Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance
* Child Tax Credit (CTC), but not Working Tax Credit, and your income is less than £16,105
* Both maximum Child Tax Credit and maximum Working Tax Credit and your income is under £6,420
* Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
* Universal Credit
You will find more information about the Stirling Council Free School Meals and clothing grants here.
The application form is here.
Please contact the school if you would like a paper copy, or if you require assistance in completing the forms.